Hiee Friends, this blog is about to increase your calories a little 😉 Here i share with you a recipe of sweet snacks from India. “Shakar Para” i.e sweet bites, like a fried cookie dough. Specially cooked during festivals, but i like it as a munching partner for a hungry tummy. Lets get started:
- Take 1 cup all purpose flour or you can use wheat flour in large bowl and add 2 tbsp melted clarified butter to it. Mix well.
- Use warm water to knead a soft dough for 3-4 minutes. Add water cautiously, as the dough can get sticky if you add more water. Keep aside dough covered for 20 minutes to rest at room temp.
- After 20 minutes, divide the dough into 3 equal sized balls.
- Take each ball and roll out the dough into 6-7 inch diameter circle and 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut the discs into cubes with help of knife.
- Heat oil or clarified butter in a pan (Oil should be enough for frying all cubes), fry the cubes on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes till golden brown. Once fried set aside with paper towel on a flat plate, so that it cools down quickly. (Check if cubes are cooked thoroughly by eating any one piece)
- In a separate pan, add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water , mix well. Boil till the syrup reaches one string consistency. Let it cool for not more than 2 minutes.
- Add the fried cubes into the syrup and mix very very well, so that all cubes are covered in sugar syrup.
- Set aside the mixed cubes on a flat plate so that sugar cools down quickly. As the sugar cools down, it will crystallize and give a shiny and white coating on cubes.
- The sweet snacks – shakar para are ready to eat. Enjoy with hot tea or coffee 🙂 Let me know in the comments below if you try it and how it turned out!!
Thanks for reading , stay positive and keep smiling 🙂